The First Sunday after Pentecost – June 11, 2017 - Trinity Sunday
Almighty and everlasting God, you have given to us your servants grace, by the confession of a true faith, to acknowledge the glory of the eternal Trinity, and in the power of your divine Majesty to worship the Unity: Keep us steadfast in this faith and worship, and bring us at last to see you in your one and eternal glory, O Father; who with the Son and the Holy Spirit live and reign, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. (BCP, Collect for First Sunday after Pentecost – June 11, 2017 - Trinity Sunday)
June 11 – 10:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – Holly Hall; Host – Davison’s; Bev Barton; Chalice – Leslie Black and Pam Hanson; Announcements – Greg Taylor; Counters – Kathy Detzer and Bev Barton; Altar Guild – Barb Coulter and Barb Lather; Verger – Nancy Snyder; Coffee Hour – Acolytes – Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan
June 12 - Office Hours, 9-12
June 13 - Office Hours, 9-12
June 16 – Sabbath Day
June 17 – Wedding of Cindy and Bruce’s in Stowe
Please send event and prayer updates to email@example.com
June 18 – The Rt. Rev. Bud Cedarholm is preaching as part of the
River of Life: River Pilgrimage
June 17 and 18 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage
June 21 – Small Group Resource meeting – Note change of date
July 9 – Quarterly Meeting
JUNE 26-30 - - SAVE THE DATE: Summer Lunch Program June 26th -30th More information to follow!
The Prayer of the People used for the next few weeks are Prayers for Water as we ‘travel’ down the Connecticut River with the River Pilgrims.
The Upper Valley Haven Food Shelf needs your help – Thanks for your generosity last week! The Top 5 needs at the Haven Food Shelf this week are rice, canned veggies, tuna, can openers, and pasta.
New Verger Schedule is out. A couple of printed copies are on the narthex ‘table’.
A Card Shower for Dorothy Pillsbury - Send words of encouragement and support to Dorothy as she heals from a leg fracture. At this time, the family has requested that we don’t visit Dorothy, but send her cards.
Cedar Hill Rehabilitation
49 Cedar Hill Dr.
Windsor, VT 05089
June 11 – Cayla Dyer and Rod Wendt from United Valley Interfaith Project (UVIP) will be preaching.
June 11 - Brookside Service - our next service will be June 11th, 2-2:30. This is our last visit for until September. Scott, Cindy and Holly welcome anyone who would like to join in. We will continue Brookside services second Sunday of the month September- June.
June 12 – Bible Study, 7 PM in the Parish House – all are welcome. We will be focusing on Exodus 19:2-8a,
Romans 5:1-8, and Matthew 9:35-10:8(9-23) . Each meeting is a self-contained unit – all are welcome.
June 18 – 8 and 10 AM – The Rt. Rev. Bud Cedarholm will be our preacher and guest musician. This is one of the activities of The River of Life Pilgrimage.
June 17 and 18 - River of Life Pilgrimage in White River – Save the dates for fun and educational events near and on the river June 17 and 18. For complete details for activities go to June 17 or June 18. Also, see the bulletin insert for details. Free tickets are available for the Montshire Museum events on Saturday (including Willem Lange) (if you have a Montshire membership please use that instead of the free tickets). On Sunday that are limited spaces for a 45 minutes session with LL Bean, water safety and time on the river. Tickets for this event are $10.00 each. There are sign-up sheets for both events.
June 21 – Small Group Resource meeting – Interested in small groups, convening a small group or just want to check them out, come to the resource and idea meeting on June 21, 6:30 – 8:00 PM. This will be time of sharing and exploration.
May 31- July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage - …join us for a day, several days, a week, or the entire journey! Rejoice in and give thanks for the miracle of all life that is made possible by the grace of God through water. Come on a spiritual journey of renewal, restoration, and reconciliation, shaped by the Christian tradition around a series of activities along the Connecticut River, from the Source to the Sea. For more info: http://kairosearth.org/ Sponsored by Kairos Earth and Dioceses of Province One (New England) of the Episcopal Church.
July 11 – Caring Ministry Meeting – meets every other month. Our next meeting is scheduled for July 11th at 7pm in the Parish House.
July 17 - Listen Community Dinners - July 17th, will be our next Listen Community Dinner. We are looking for two people or a family to plan and organize the meal and Holly will assist if needed. If you are interested and will be around the third weekend of July, please let Holly know. We need people to prepare a main course and a dessert for 100-120 people. We will also need six to eight volunteers to help in the kitchen July 17, 3:00-5:45. Our last two Listen Community Dinners for 2017 are September 18th and November 20th.
Knit and Purl Fellowship -meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in Parish House, 6:30 pm. All are welcome and all handcrafts are welcome. We will soon start to make crafts to sell at Holiday Bazaar. You are welcome to contact Kate Townsend, Holly Hall, Judy Barwood, Susan Pillsbury, or Geri Williams, if you have questions.
Contemplative Prayer and Meditation - is held in our sanctuary 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 5:30- 6:30. The doors are open to anyone who wants to come or pray and meditate from wherever you are. This is a time to bring peace into our lives!
Weston Priory- Anyone can attend services at Weston Priory during the week or weekend. Best to check their web page for times of services and days Brothers are on monthly Sabbath or retreat. Holly will be going once or twice a month through the summer and you are welcome to join her.
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Pam Hanson, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Jon Chaffee; Cindy Dale; Holly Hall; Stuart Johnson; Rich Kremer; John Monfette.
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Wednesday Morning Group Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.