The Seventh Sunday of Easter – May 28, 2017
O God, the King of glory, you have exalted your only Son Jesus Christ with great triumph to your kingdom in heaven: Do not leave us comfortless, but send us your Holy Spirit to strengthen us, and exalt us to that place where our Savior Christ has gone before; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen. (BCP, Collect for The Seventh Sunday of Easter)
May 28, 2017– 10:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – Barb Coulter; Host – Holly Hall; Scripture – Nancy Snyder
and Peacebrother Jimmichael; Psalm and Prayers – Kristin Wood; Chalice –
Doug Jenisch and Karen Smith; Announcements – John Monfette; Counters –
Pam Hanson and Greg Taylor; Altar Guild – Bev and Greg Taylor; Verger –
Leslie Black; Coffee Hour – Dick and Jane Davis; Acolytes – Jonathan and
May 29 – Office Closed
May 30 - Office Hours, 9-12
June 2 – Sabbath Day – Bargain Bin
June 3 – Bargain Bin
Please send event and prayer updates to email@example.com
May 28 – June 2 – Bargain Bin Work and Set-up Days
June 3 -Bargain Bin
June 4 – Pentecost Sunday
June 14 – Small Group Training
June 17 and 18 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage
Parish Discretionary Fund next week – On Sunday, June 4, the loose offering and any checks marked Discretionary Fund in the memo is given to the Parish Discretionary Fund. This fund is used to help meet the needs of people in our area during difficult times in their lives. The funds are generally used to help with electric bills or car repairs, rent or securing a security deposit for a family. We are finally able to start distributing funds again. The need continues to be extremely high with requests coming in almost every day. Please be as generous as you are able. This is an important ministry of our Parish. Thank you, Scott
Prayers of the People Reminder – This is the last Sunday of the month and the list of names in our Prayers of the People will be deleted and we will start fresh next month. Please submit your prayers requests throughout the month and they will be added to our list on a weekly basis. Please send those requests to Holly Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org . Please remember at the end of the month to resubmit any names on your prayer list to Holly Hall so that they are included in the next month’s prayers. Thank you, Scott.
The Upper Valley Haven Food Shelf needs your help – Thanks for your generosity last week! The Top 5 needs at the Haven Food Shelf this week are rice, canned veggies, tuna, can openers, and pasta. Their current wish list items are: waterproof tarps, 1-2 person tents, sleeping mats and bags and laundry detergent.
Nursery Room – From now until Bargain Bin the Nursery Room will be used to store books for Bargain Bin.
Nursery care will be provided in the main Parish Hall throughout this time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this time of preparation.
New Verger Schedule is being prepared – If you would like to be added to the list of Sunday Morning Servers as a host, greeter, verger (checks in servers), readers, chalice person or intercessor (prayers of the people and psalm) please contact Cindy Patenaude (email@example.com). If you are currently on the schedule and are planning to be away on a Sunday, please let Cindy know. REMINDER – If you are scheduled to serve and you are unable to be in church that day it is your responsibility to find a substitute. Thanks, Cindy and Scott
A Card Shower for Dorothy Pillsbury - Send words of encouragement and support to Dorothy as she heals from a leg fracture. At this time, the family has requested that we don’t visit Dorothy, but send her cards.
Cedar Hill Rehabilitation
49 Cedar Hill Dr.
Windsor, VT 05089
June 4 is Pentecost – remember to wear red. Joan Lawrence–Studebaker will be preaching.
June 12 – Bible Study, 7 PM in the Parish House – all are welcome. We will be focusing on Exodus 19:2-8a,
Romans 5:1-8, and Matthew 9:35-10:8(9-23) . Each meeting is a self-contained unit – all are welcome.
June 18 – 8 and 10 AM – The Rt. Rev. Bud Cedarholm will be our preacher and guest musician. This is one of the activities of The River of Life Pilgrimage.
June 17 and 18 River of Life Pilgrimage in White River – Save the dates for fun and educational events near and on the river June 17 and 18. Details are being ironed out but will include presentations and fun at the Montshire Museum, paddling on the river at Kilowatt Park, worship with Bishops from across New England. It should be a great couple of days so plan on partaking! More information to follow. Keep alert!!
May 31- July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage - …join us for a day, several days, a week, or the entire journey! Rejoice in and give thanks for the miracle of all life that is made possible by the grace of God through water. Come on a spiritual journey of renewal, restoration, and reconciliation, shaped by the Christian tradition around a series of activities along the Connecticut River, from the Source to the Sea. For more info: http://kairosearth.org/ Sponsored by Kairos Earth and Dioceses of Province One (New England) of the Episcopal Church.
Knit and Purl Fellowship meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month in the Parish House at 6:30pm. All are welcome and all handcrafts are welcome.
Caring Ministries- meets every other month. Our next meeting is scheduled for July 11th at 7pm in the Parish House.
Contemplative Prayer and Meditation – meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 5:30-6:30 in our sanctuary. This is a quiet time to center and ground yourself. You are welcome to come for all or part of the hour. All are welcome!
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Pam Hanson, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Jon Chaffee; Cindy Dale; Holly Hall; Stuart Johnson; Rich Kremer; John Monfette.
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Leadership Team Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.