Meet Our Clergy
The Rev. Scott B. Neal was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, the oldest of three children. While he was still a toddler, his family moved to New England and by age ten, they had settled in Northfield, Vermont. He grew up as a member of St. Mary's Episcopal Church, serving in nearly every capacity from acolyte to Eucharistic minister, including choir director for twenty-four years. Scott's lifelong interest in nature and gardening led him to an undergraduate degree in Plant and Soil Sciences from the University of Maine at Orono.
Scott has had successful careers as a computer programmer/analyst and in retail horticulture and floral design. The spiritual aspect of helping people honor the memorable events in their lives eventually led him to the discernment process and recognition of his calling to the priesthood. Scott graduated from the General Theological Seminary of the Episcopal Church and was ordained in 2007. St. James Episcopal Church in Arlington, Vermont, welcomed him as their priest in December of that year.
Scott has served on the Commission on Ministry: Committee on Discernment for the Episcopal Diocese of Vermont. In 2012, 2015 and again in 2018, Scott was elected to serve as a Deputy to General Convention, the governing body of the larger Episcopal Church. He is known throughout the diocese for his collaborative work style and for being someone who truly lives his faith.
Scott and his wife, Beth, were high school sweethearts and were married shortly after college graduation. They have two married daughters and one grandchild. Beth is currently employed as a care provider for Lincoln Street Inc. in Springfield, Vermont, working as a job coach with physically and mentally challenged adults.
Jeanne Chambers, pianist; Patti O'Shea, sexton.
Our Vestry: The elected lay leaders of our church
Bev Barton (’21), Senior Warden Greg Taylor, (’22), Junior Warden; Holly Hall (22); Rich Kremer (’20); Molly Castaldo (’20); Andrew Pillsbury (’20); ; Dick Davis (’21) and Geri Williams (’21).
Fun and Business
749 Hartford Avenue
White River Junction, VT 05001
Phone: (802) 295-5415
St. Paul’s story begins in the middle of the Civil War when St. James Episcopal Church in Woodstock, Vermont started sending their priest over to White River Junction. Services in private homes grew into a mission church in the back of Glover’s Clothing Store, and in 1874, the original church was built downtown. By 1882 St. Paul’s was able to...
More about our history ≫
How We Worship
Our Eucharist-centered worship reflects our respect for the traditions of the Episcopal Church and our joy in music and prayer. We are fortunate that the sanctuary surrounds the altar in a semi-circle, emphasizing that we worship as the people of God.
At a typical Sunday...
More about worship ≫