The Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany – February 12, 2017
O God, the strength of all who put their trust in you: Mercifully accept our prayers; and because in our weakness we can do nothing good without you, give us the help of your grace, that in keeping your commandments we may please you both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. (BCP, Collect for The Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany)
February 12, 2017– 10:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – Penny McClure; Host – Davison; Scripture – Louise Pietsch and Amy
Brown; Psalm and Prayers – Nancy Snyder; Chalice – Karen Smith and Jane
Carroll; Announcements – Bev Barton; Counters – Holly Hall and Andrew
Pillsbury; Altar Guild – Judi Shank and Colleen Warren; Verger – Holly Hall;
Coffee Hour – TBA; Acolytes – Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan
Monday, February 13 – Office Hours
Tuesday, February 14 – Office Hours
February 15-25 - vacation
The Upper Valley Haven Food Shelf needs your help – Thanks for your generosity last week! The Top 5 needs at the Haven Food Shelf this week are peanut butter, brown rice, tuna, soup and shelf-stable milk. Let’s fill the grocery card again this week!!
Weatherize the Upper Valley – Hartland, Hartford, Norwich, and Thetford are teaming up with Vital Communities, Efficiency Vermont, and local home energy contractors to help homeowners save money and stay warm by weatherizing their homes. For more information see the poster on the bulletin board and/or visit www.VitalCommunities.org/Weatherize
February 28 – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner – 5:30 PM
March 1 – Ash Wednesday
12:00 Noon – Holy Eucharist and distribution of ashes – St. Barnabas’ Norwich
Jennie Anderson presiding, Scott Neal preaching
7:00 PM – Holy Eucharist and distribution of ashes – St. Paul’s White River Junction
Scott Neal presiding, Jennie Anderson preaching
Lenten Series – Having Conversations that Matter – Tuesday in Lent 6:30-8:00 in the Parish Hall. March 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and April 4th – mark your calendar today!
Other Lenten Resources
- JJSE Video Series 5 Marks of Love: Living Life Marked as Christ’s Own (booklet and information in the narthex)
- St. Paul’s Bible Study will continue as normal 2nd and 4th Monday of the month
- Lent Madness, like March Madness but the saints compete – Score Card available from Kate Townsend
February 11 – Knit and Purl Retreat Day - COME ONE, COME ALL to our winter Retreat at Parish House, Saturday, February 11th, 10-5.. We will have refreshments, munchies, and soup and bread lunch. Come for a visit or for the whole day. Bring your hand crafts or come learn a new handcraft. We look forward to seeing you! Questions contact Holly or Susan.
February 12 – Conserned about Racism meeting – after church in the parish house. We will be discussing our Upcoming Lenten Series. All are welcome!
February 12 - Brookside Nursing Home Ecumenical Service - Our next Brookside Service will be February 12. Everyone is welcome to join us. Volunteers arrive 1:45 and service is 2-2:30. If you have questions or want to volunteer, please contact Holly
February 13 –Women’s Potluck 6-8 - Women of the parish are invited to a potluck at Kate Townsend’s home from 6-8 pm on Monday, February 13. The plan is for a “faith” (no “assigned” dishes, bring whatever you want) women’s potluck (to be mostly social!). Kate’s house is: 197 Ravenswood Terrace, White River Junction, Vermont 05001
February 13 - Bible Study – Our next gathering is Monday, February 13, at 7 PM in the Parish House. Our discussions last about an hour. Each session is stand-alone so come when you can. All are welcome! Here are the readings we will be discussing: Leviticus 19:1-2,9-18, 1 Corinthians 3:10-11,16-23, and Matthew 5:38-48. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.
March 14 - Caring Ministry Meeting - Our next meeting will be March 14th, 7pm at the Parish House
March 17-18 - Save the Date – Women’s RetreAT
March 19 - March 20 - Listen Community Dinner - March 20th will be our first Listen Community Dinner for 90-100 people. Patricia Horn will assist me 3-6 at Listen Kitchen and we will need 5-6 volunteers to help in the kitchen. A signup sheet with our menu will be posted on the bulletin board week of February 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Holly
March 22 – Bishop’s Visitation – Mark your calendar – this is a Wednesday. Bishop Ely will be with us from 10 AM – 8 PM. We will have events that everyone can attend, a vestry meeting with the Bishop and some time with him in the larger community. If you have any ideas on how he might spend his time with us, please let us know as soon as possible. Thanks, Scott and the vestry
May 31- July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage - …join us for a day, several days, a week, or the entire journey! Rejoice in and give thanks for the miracle of all life that is made possible by the grace of God through water. Come on a spiritual journey of renewal, restoration, and reconciliation, shaped by the Christian tradition around a series of activities along the Connecticut River, from the Source to the Sea. For more info: http://kairosearth.org/ Sponsored by Kairos Earth and Dioceses of Province One (New England) of the Episcopal Church.
Knit and Purl Fellowship - meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month 6:30 at Parish House. All are welcome and all hand projects are welcome. Come and join the fellowship. Our next two gathering will be January 2nd and 16th.
CONTEMPLATIVE QUIET Prayer and Meditation- is held in St. Paul's Sanctuary the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 6:30. Come when you can and stay as long as you want. If you are not able to get to the sanctuary, take what time you have from wherever you are for prayer and meditation. For more information about Contemplative Quiet Prayer and Meditation, please contact Diana or Holly
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Pam Hanson, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Jon Chaffee; Cindy Dale; Holly Hall; Stuart Johnson; Rich Kremer; John Monfette.
The Mountain – Diocesan Newsletter
Please send event and prayer updates to email@example.com
February 11 – Knit and Purl Winter Retreat
February 12 – Concerned about Racism Meeting
February 21 – Vestry Meeting
February 28 – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner
March 1 – Ash Wednesday – Lent begins
March 3-4 – Vestry retreat
March 17-18 – Women’s Retreat
March 22 – Bishop’s Visitation (this is a Wednesday)
May 31 – July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Leadership Team Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.
- Having Difficult Conversations About Race. Wednesdays, Noon – 2 p.m. (Wednesdays Nov. 16, Dec. 14, Jan. 18th at the Howe Library in Hanover.) This series of conversations grew out of an OSHER course, and is open to everyone. Content sometimes includes speakers, movies, or other offerings. For specific information about upcoming