The Seventh Sunday after the Epiphany – February 19, 2017
O Lord, you have taught us that without love whatever we do is worth nothing: Send your Holy Spirit and pour into our hearts your greatest gift, which is love, the true bond of peace and of all virtue, without which whoever lives is accounted dead before you. Grant this for the sake of your only Son Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (BCP, Collect for The Seventh Sunday after the Epiphany)
February 19, 2017– 10:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – Holly Hall; Host – Brennan; Scripture – Barb Coulter and Andrew
Pillsbury; Psalm and Prayers – Judi Shank; Chalice – Kate Conner and Leslie
Black; Announcements – Jon Chaffee; Counters – Rick Kremer and Dave
Davison; Altar Guild – Judi Shank and Colleen Warren; Verger – Nancy Snyder;
Coffee Hour – TBA; Acolytes – Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan
February 15-25 - vacation
The Upper Valley Haven Food Shelf needs your help – Thanks for your generosity last week! The Top 5 needs at the Haven Food Shelf this week are peanut butter, brown rice, tuna, soup and shelf-stable milk.
February 21 – Vestry Meeting – 6:30 PM in the parish house
February 28 – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner – 5:30 PM
March 1 – Ash Wednesday
12:00 Noon – Holy Eucharist and imposition of ashes – St. Barnabas’ Norwich
Jennie Anderson presiding, Scott Neal preaching
7:00 PM – Holy Eucharist and imposition of ashes – St. Paul’s White River Junction
Scott Neal presiding, Jennie Anderson preaching
Lenten Series – Having Conversations that Matter – Tuesday in Lent 6:30-8:00 in the Parish Hall. March 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and April 4th – mark your calendar today!
Other Lenten Resources
- JJSE Video Series 5 Marks of Love: Living Life Marked as Christ’s Own (booklet and information in the narthex)
- St. Paul’s Bible Study will continue as normal 2nd and 4th Monday of the month
- Lent Madness, like March Madness but the saints compete – Score Card available from Kate Townsend
March 14 - Caring Ministry Meeting - Our next meeting will be March 14th, 7pm at the Parish House
March 17-18 - Save the Date – Women’s RetreAT
March 19 - March 20 - Listen Community Dinner - March 20th will be our first Listen Community Dinner for 90-100 people. Patricia Horn will assist me 3-6 at Listen Kitchen and we will need 5-6 volunteers to help in the kitchen. A signup sheet with our menu will be posted on the bulletin board week of February 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Holly
March 22 – Bishop’s Visitation – Mark your calendar – this is a Wednesday. Bishop Ely will be with us from 10 AM – 8 PM. We will have events that everyone can attend, a vestry meeting with the Bishop and some time with him in the larger community. If you have any ideas on how he might spend his time with us, please let us know as soon as possible. Thanks, Scott and the vestry
May 31- July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage - …join us for a day, several days, a week, or the entire journey! Rejoice in and give thanks for the miracle of all life that is made possible by the grace of God through water. Come on a spiritual journey of renewal, restoration, and reconciliation, shaped by the Christian tradition around a series of activities along the Connecticut River, from the Source to the Sea. For more info: http://kairosearth.org/ Sponsored by Kairos Earth and Dioceses of Province One (New England) of the Episcopal Church.
Knit and Purl Fellowship - meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month 6:30 at Parish House. All are welcome and all hand projects are welcome. Come and join the fellowship. Our next two gathering will be January 2nd and 16th.
CONTEMPLATIVE QUIET Prayer and Meditation- is held in St. Paul's Sanctuary the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 6:30. Come when you can and stay as long as you want. If you are not able to get to the sanctuary, take what time you have from wherever you are for prayer and meditation. For more information about Contemplative Quiet Prayer and Meditation, please contact Diana or Holly
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Pam Hanson, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Jon Chaffee; Cindy Dale; Holly Hall; Stuart Johnson; Rich Kremer; John Monfette.
Please send event and prayer updates to email@example.com
February 19 – Concerned about Racism Meeting
February 21 – Vestry Meeting
February 26 – Bargain Bin Kick-off Meeting
February 28 – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner
March 1 – Ash Wednesday – Lent begins
March 3-4 – Vestry retreat
March 17-18 – Women’s Retreat
May 31 – July 9 – River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Leadership Team Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.
- Having Difficult Conversations About Race. Wednesdays, Noon – 2 p.m. (Wednesdays Nov. 16, Dec. 14, Jan. 18th at the Howe Library in Hanover.) This series of conversations grew out of an OSHER course, and is open to everyone. Content sometimes includes speakers, movies, or other offerings. For specific information about upcoming