The Day of Pentecost – May 15, 2016
Almighty God, on this day you opened the way of eternal life to every race and nation by the promised gift of your Holy Spirit: Shed abroad this gift throughout the world by the preaching of the Gospel, that it may reach to the ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. (1979 Book of Common Prayer, Collect for the Day Pentecost)
Sunday, May 15 is Pentecost Sunday – the day the Spirit descended upon the disciples. To add to the festive nature of the day, *please wear *as much red (represents the Holy Spirit) as possible!
*The 'Concerned About Racial Justice' *group is meeting after church today in the Parish House. The focus will be on planning next steps. Bring a bag lunch. If you would like to join or have questions, please call Katy Chaffee at 603-298-7623.
Mid-week Eucharist begins May 18 – Beginning Wednesday, May 18, we will be having a mid-week Eucharist in the chapel at 12:15 PM. This is an informal worship opportunity with a discussion style sermon time. All are welcome!!
Correction to Bible Study/Discussion at St. Paul’s – Bible Study/Discussion will begin on Monday, May 23 at 7:00 PM in the Parish House. We will be meeting on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
New copies of Lift Every Voice and Sing II - As we begin to include more hymns from Lift Every Voice and Sing II, we saw the need for more copies of the hymnal and have ordered and received twenty copies. If you are interested in donating money in Loving Memory or in Thanksgiving of a loved one, please complete the form on the shelf in vestibule (narthex) and give it to Scott, Jon or place it in the offering plate. Thanks, Scott
*Listen Community Dinner *- May 16th we will be serving chicken vegetable casserole and chocolate chip cookies for one hundred meals and seconds and take home meals. Food can be brought to church Sunday, 15th, or to church morning of 16th and to Listen Kitchen between 1-3pm. If you have questions, please contact Holly.
The last three St Paul's Listen Dinners for 2016 are:
· July 18th- organizer needed
· September 19th- planned by Barwood family
· November 21st- organizer needed
*Knit and Purl Fellowship - *will meet May 16th, June 6th, and June 20th, 6:30 at the Parish House. All crafts are welcome including coloring.
Art for Justice - a call for artists, cartoonists, sketch artists who might have fun creating figures for a witness for a livable wage. Art days will be May 20th and 21st, exact time and place to be announced. We need large cardboard figures representing various types of low wage workers, i.e. wait staff, care givers, housekeeping, kitchen and fast food workers, etc. If interested, please sign up on the bulletin board or email Diane Root: DRootTRRM@aol.com
Bargain Bin Notes
St. Paul’s (White River Jct.) June 4th Bargain Bin & Silent Auction
- Storage Space Needed
- Bargain Bin is begging for storage space! Do you have an empty garage bay or barn? Call Jon Chaffee at 603-733-6291
- If possible, ask friends and neighbors you contact if they can bring donations to the tent at the church between May 29 and June 3.
- Do you have a Bargain Bin Yard Sign? Please bring it to church ASAP so that the date can be updated!
· From the Garden Department:
When you are spring cleaning, don't forget the garden and yard department. Now is the time to dig any perennial plants from the garden and label them. If you need pots or assistance, please let Anne Jenisch (802-685-2067) know. If you do have plants to share, please make sure they have a label with name and flower color so we don't have to guess about it. Any extra tools and decorations are also appreciated as long as they are in usable condition. For those of you who don't have a green thumb, a donation of a six pack (the plant kind, not beverage) from a local nursery would be great. Thank you much, Anne
TIDYING UP or DOWNSIZING?
We will come now and pick up donations for:
St. Paul’s (White River Jct.) June 4th Bargain Bin & Silent Auction
*THIS IS A HUGE YARD SALE *
We will take: *furniture, antiques, housewares, tools, garden items, books, linens,
rugs, lamps, sporting equipment, canoes, office furnishings, small
items, toys, games, etc…
We can’t take*: clothes, tires, cribs, stuffed toys, large appliances, televisions,
computers, printers, mattresses, skis and boots, sleeper couches, or hazardous
*We will reject *items in poor condition, unsafe or too difficult to move.
Call 802 295-5490 <802%20295-5490> to schedule a pick-up*
You will get a charitable tax statement.
June 5 – Bishop’s Visitation, Confirmation and Reception – on Sunday, June 5, The Rt. Rev Thomas C. Ely will visit St. Paul’s and Confirm and Receive a total of 9 youth and adults into the Episcopal Church. The ‘loose offering’ that day will be designated to the Bishop’s Discretionary Fund, so please be as generous a possible. We have also been asked to wear our name tags that morning to help the Bishop with our names. This is an exciting day for our parish family so please plan on attending worship that morning. Thank you, Scott
*St. Paul’s Facebook page: *Listen to sermons and view pictures of our life together on our parish Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StPaulsWRJVT/ You do not need to join Facebook to view our page. Enjoy! While you are there like and share our posts with your friends.* Also *please remember and feel free to take pictures of our life together in worship and fellowship and send them to me to be posted on Facebook.
*St. Paul’s Vestry: *Jon Chaffee, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Cindy Dale; John Monfette; Pete LePre; Rachel McConnell; Holly Hall; Pam Hanson.
*Scott’s Schedule: * Monday, May 16; Office Hours 9-12
Tuesday, May 17; Office Hours 9-12 Friday and Saturday, May 20 and 21; Sabbath days
- *Discretionary Fund Reminder – *First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- *Leadership Team Meeting – *every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Mid-week Eucharist – Every Wednesday at 12:15 PM.
- Bible Study meets – 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month at 7 PM in the Parish House.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- *Knit and Purl Fellowship *– Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- St. Paul’s Facebook page – Listen to sermons and view pictures of our life together on our parish Facebook page. You do not need to join Facebook to view our page. Enjoy!
*Please send event and prayer updates to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org*
*June 4 *– Bargain Bin
*June 5 *– Bishop’s Visitation and Confirmation
-- Scott B. Neal