The Sixth Sunday after Pentecost – July 16, 2017
O Lord, mercifully receive the prayers of your people who call upon you, and grant that they may know and understand what things they ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to accomplish them; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
(The Collect for Proper 10, BCP)
Readings for Sunday
Please send event and prayer updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 17 - Listen Community Dinners
July 18 – Vestry Meeting
July 24 – Bible Study
September 10 – Welcome Home Sunday
September 16 – All Parish Retreat
November 12 – MICAH Event
July 16 – 9:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – Cindy Cameron; Host – Stew Wood; Readers – Carl Hanson and Dave Davison; Psalm and Prayers-
Nancy Snyder; Chalice – Pam Hanson and Joan Lawrence Studebaker; Announcements – Stuart Johnson;
Counters – Jill Fisher and Pete Lepre; Altar Guild – Carol Knight, Barb Lather and Colleen Warren; Verger –
Leslie Black; Coffee Hour -TBA; Acolytes – Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan
July 16 – Lisa Ransom presiding and preaching at 7:30 and 9
July 17 - Office Hours, 9-12 – I’ll be in and out
July 18 - Office Hours, 9-12
July 21 – Sabbath Day
July 22 – Sabbath Day
Summer Worship Schedule begins this week – July 2 – 7:30 and 9 am.
2017 UVIP Micah Heroes – November 12th - Mark your calendar today - - In July and August, think of parishioners who exemplify living by doing justice, loving kindness and walk humbly with God. Please submit names in writing to a Vestry member through August. In September, the Vestry will announce St. Paul's Micah Hero/Heroes. More information will follow in the weeks ahead.
JUly 13 – Worship Committee Meeting – 4:00 PM in the Parish House all our welcome.
July 16 – Sunday Worship – Parable of the Sower - The Rev. Lisa Ransom presiding and preaching at 7:30 and 9
July 17 - Listen Community Dinners - July 17th, we will be serving a meal for 100-110 people. Thank you to those who have already signed up to prepare or buy foods and to Volunteers who have sign up. Our last two Listen Community Dinners for 2017 are September 18th and November 20th.
July 18 – Vestry Meeting – 6:30 in the Parish House. The vestry will be reviewing the results of our Quarterly Meeting ‘Honey, we need to talk’ and beginning formulating goals and pathways forward for the coming year. All are welcome!
July 24 – Bible Study, 7 PM in the Parish House – all are welcome. This is a fun group filled with sharing of personal stories and lots of laughter. We will be focusing on Genesis 29:15-28, Romans 8:26-39, and
Matthew 13:31-33,44-52. Each meeting is a self-contained unit and everyone is welcome!
July 27 – Valley Terrace Worship Service – at 2 PM. Please join Sally and I as we bring communion to the residents of Valley Terrace. We have a great time worshiping, singing and sharing fellowship together. All are welcome! Interested? – speak to Scott
Knit and Purl Fellowship -meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in Parish House, 6:30 pm. All are welcome and all handcrafts are welcome.
Contemplative Prayer and Meditation - is a quiet hour of peace to connect with self and with God as you are filled with inner peace and strength for the days ahead. Contemplative Prayer is the 1st and 3rd
Wednesday of the month, 5:30-6:30. Parishioners, friends, family, neighbors and others are welcome!
Weston Priory- Anyone can attend services at Weston Priory during the week or weekend. Best to check their web page for times of services and days Brothers are on monthly Sabbath or retreat. Holly will be going once or twice a month through the summer and you are welcome to join her.
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Pam Hanson, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Jon Chaffee; Cindy Dale; Holly Hall; Stuart Johnson; Rich Kremer; John Monfette.
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Wednesday Morning Group Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:00am -- Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Parish House at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at 6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – We are currently on summer leave - - Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Valley Terrace Church Service – Please join us! - Fourth Tuesday of every month at 2 PM.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.