The Second Sunday after the Epiphany – January 15
Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light of the world: Grant that your people, illumined by your Word and Sacraments, may shine with the radiance of Christ's glory, that he may be known, worshipped, and obeyed to the ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (BCP, Collect for The Second Sunday after the Epiphany)
January 15, 2017– 10:00 - Who’s Who
Greeter – TBA; Host – Roy Black; Scripture – Cindy Cameron and Pete LePre; Psalm and Prayers – Bev
Barton; Chalice – Leslie Black and Pam Hanson; Announcements – Holly Hall; Counters – Pete LePre and Jane
Carroll; Acolytes : Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan; Altar Guild – Greg and Bev Taylor
Monday, January 16 – Office Closed – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 17 – Office Hours
Friday, January 20 – Sabbath Day
Saturday, January 21 – Sabbath Day
Annual Meeting – January 28 – mark your calendars today!!!
To my St Paul's Family,
Thank you very much for blessing me with your very generous Christmas purse. As I have done in the past, I will use your gift to pass that blessing on to others on my next trip to Honduras. Once again, thank you. I will be in England 1/13 - 1/23. Diana
Annual Reports Due by January 21 - The Annual Report is an important record of our life together at St. Paul's, and also serves as a guide to our ministries and fellowship events. Everyone who has chaired a committee or a ministry is responsible for submitting an annual report. Paula Stevens has (again) agreed to compile the reports into a master document that will be distributed electronically before the Annual Meeting on Saturday, January 28. Please send reports to Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday, January 21. If you have any questions, email or call Paula at 802 296-3123.
Special Call Out for Pictures of our life together as a Parish by January 18– Please send any pictures you have from 2016 to Scott at email@example.com by January 18. If you have a lot of picture you may want to put them on a flash drive and give to Scott. The drive will be returned to you asap. Thanks!!
Vestry Nominations – It’s not too late! If you would like to nominate someone to serve a three-year term on the vestry, please ask that person if they would like to serve on the vestry and fill out the vestry Nomination Form found on the radiator in the narthex. Please note you may nominate yourself also. Thanks Scott
January 14 - An Invitation from the United Valley Interfaith Project (UVIP) - On Saturday, January 14, 2017, you are invited to join the United Valley Interfaith Project (UVIP) for an informal/creative discussion. It is an opportunity to share/discuss/listen on how we can continue to prioritize and move forward in our lives/our community and within our own social structures.
This is an open forum and you are invited to join us. It is scheduled for Saturday, January 14, 2016 from 2:00 - 5:00 PM at the First Congregational Church in Lebanon (on the green).
Come, join us and meet many of the other UVIP team members from the other faith groups.
January 18 - Women’s Retreat Planning Meeting- Please join in a Women's Retreat Planning Meeting on Wednesday, January 18th at 6 PM in the Parish House. Come to find out more, share your interests and longings, and/or to help plan. The meeting, originally scheduled for this week, has been changed due to concerns about the weather. SAVE THIS DATE: St. Paul's Women's Retreat will be March 17th and 18th at the Hulbert Center. On Friday night, those who can will gather for food, fellowship, and a sleepover in heated cabins. The 'program' will begin Saturday morning. Come for all or part of the experience.
January 18 - Quiet Contemplative Prayer and Meditation - is on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 5:30-6:30 in St. Paul's Sanctuary. The lights will be turned down low and the heat will be on. We begin with ringing of a soft bell, reading a short scripture passage followed by silence. Contemplative prayer gives an opportunity to deepen our relationship with ourselves and with God. All are welcome to join us in prayer, meditation, and walking meditation going clockwise. For more information, please contact Diana or Holly. If you are not able to come, join us in prayer from wherever you are.
January 23 – Bible Study – Our next gathering is Monday, January 23, at 7 PM in the Parish House. Our discussions last about an hour and a half. Each session is stand-alone so come when you can. All are welcome! Here are the readings we will be discussing: Micah 6:1-8, 1 Corinthians 1:18-31, and Matthew 5:1-12. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month..
January 25 - Next meeting of the group exploring ‘How We Care for Each Other’ - The next meeting will be Wednesday, January 25th, at 6:30 in the Parish House. This group is not meeting tomorrow, January 10th. Anyone interested is welcome to join the conversation.
February 11 – Knit and Purl Retreat Day - Knit and Purl Fellowship will hold our annual Retreat on February 11th, 10-5pm at our Parish House. Beading, knitting, sewing, coloring, cross stitch or any other hand craft is welcome. Come enjoy a day of fellowship. We will have hot drinks, lunch, and munchies throughout the day as we visit and share for a short visit or all day. Neighbors, friends and family are welcome.
APRIL 7 AND 8 - Save the Date – Women’s Retreat –– If you are interested in panning the retreat please come to the meeting January 18 at 5:30 PM in the Parish House.
2017 LISTEN COMMUNITY Dinners Dates- St. Paul's will be serving five meals beginning in March 20th. we provide meals every other month. The 2017 dates are: March 20th, May 15th, July 17th, September 18th and November 20th. This outreach ministry in our community is appreciated by those who come to eat at LISTEN.
Holly needs a volunteer to help her with planning and being at Listen Center 3:00-6:00 for each date. Please contact Holly if you can help any of the 2017 dates or for all five 2017 dates.
Knit and Purl Fellowship - meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month 6:30 at Parish House. All are welcome and all hand projects are welcome. Come and join the fellowship. Our next two gathering will be January 2nd and 16th.
+ + + + +
Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public:
Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 PM, corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.
Wednesdays, Noon – 2 PM, Having Difficult Conversations About Race. (Wednesday Jan. 18th at the Howe
Library in Hanover.) This series of conversations grew out of an OSHER course, and
is open to everyone. Content sometimes includes speakers, movies, or other offerings. For specific
information about upcoming
+ + + + +
St. Paul’s Vestry: Jon Chaffee, Senior Warden; Greg Taylor, Junior Warden; Bev Barton; Cindy Dale; John Monfette; Pete LePre; Rachel McConnell; Holly Hall; Pam Hanson.
Please send event and prayer updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 17 – Vestry Meeting
January 18 - Quiet Contemplative Prayer
January 18 – Women’s Retreat Planning Meeting
January 22 – Jonathan and Kathryn Brennan preach
January 23 – Bible Study
January 25 – ‘How We Care for Each Other’ Meeting
January 28 – St. Paul’s Annual Meeting
April 7-8 – Women’s Retreat
- Discretionary Fund Reminder – First Sunday of every month. Please be as generous as possible.
- Laying on of Hands – On the first Sunday of every month those wishing to receive laying on our hands are invited to gather at the Baptismal Font (just as you entered the church) immediately after you have received communion.
- Leadership Team Meeting – every Wednesday 9:30-11:30am
- Worship Team meets – 2nd Thursday of the month in the Church Library at 4pm, all are welcome to attend.
- Vestry meets – 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Parish House at6:30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Brookside Nursing Home Church Services – Please join us! – Second Sunday of each month (Sept-June) from 2-2:30 pm. If you would like more information about this service, please contact Holly.
- Knit and Purl Fellowship – Meets 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the Parish House, 6:30 PM. Contact Holly for info.
- Bible Study – meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month in the Parish House at 7 PM. We will focus each meeting on the lectionary for the upcoming week. This is a come as you can discussion group, you can do not have to come every meeting. All are welcome!
- St. Paul’s Concerned about Racial Justice group meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, after church (and a little of coffee hour!), for discussion and planning. All are welcome to join us!
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) sponsors two regularly scheduled events open to the public: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:00 pm, on the corner of the green across from Hanover Inn, Vigil for Racial Justice.
- Having Difficult Conversations About Race. Wednesdays, Noon – 2 p.m. (Wednesdays Nov. 16, Dec. 14, Jan. 18th at the Howe Library in Hanover.) This series of conversations grew out of an OSHER course, and is open to everyone. Content sometimes includes speakers, movies, or other offerings. For specific information about upcoming